For my upcoming public appearances, please see the “Events” page.
I have extensive experience with public speaking.
In the last few years, I have:
- Interviewed Dr. Harry Edwards in front of an audience at the University of Texas
- Keynote speaker for the 2016 Interscholastic League Press Conference (ILPC) Spring Conference
- Was a co-panelist at South by Southwest Sports
- Spoke on a panel about “Ending Sexual Assault” on campuses at the University of Houston
- Co-led a workshop on campus activism at Barnard’s annual Scholar & Feminist Conference
- Led a post-screening discussion of Obvious Child at a local movie theater (Alamo Drafthouse)
- Performed at three different spoken word events
- Discussed media and sexism at the Central Texas Democratic Forum
- Moderated panels at the Texas Democratic Convention and the Women’s Empowerment Conference
Additionally, while in graduate school at the University of Texas, I taught multiple classes, worked as a discussion leader and teaching assistant many times, and participated in a variety of academic conferences. Those skills have served me well as a journalist, speaker, and activist.